Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hello everyone!

Hello!
My name is Eugenia and this is my first year learning Japanese. I am a first-year student at Barnard College of Columbia University. Having grown up in a Korean household, I was always exposed to the Korean language and I am fluent in the language as well (안녕하세요). However, I was always curious about other asian languages as well. Japanese always caught my attention because the language sounded very unique and pleasant to the ear. After hearing a couple of Japanese songs, I developed a fondness for the Japanese language, therefore, I chose to take this course. :)

I am excited to learn more vocabulary words and letters in Japanese so that I may be able to go to Japan one day and cruise through the streets without having to carry around a 'Japanese-English dictionary' to hold a conversation with someone. Hehe!

During the first 2 weeks of this class, the only difficulties that I have encountered were memorizing all the hiragana and correcting my handwriting skills in Japanese.
Throughout the semester, my goal is to try my best and study hard so that I may be able to become a better Japanese speaker.

4 comments:

  1. がんばって!

    I, too, developed a fondness through music (as well as other things :P).

    It'd be so aggravating to have to look up nearly every single word in a 'Japanese-English dictionary'! I find, though, that when I try to construct sentences in Japanese, I'm at a loss when it comes to simple words. So we must all learn more vocabulary~! :) It'd make conversations flow more smoothly, to say the least!

    じゃ、またあした!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I want to learn more Japanese words too.
    But many words are very similar with each other and difficult to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eugina!ごんばんわ!
    안녕:) 韓国人 (かんこくじん)! 
    나도 잘못하지만 같이 열심히해보자 >,<
    We def should hang out sometime soon!
    I can't wait!

    がんばって!
    じゃ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ゆじんいあちゃんはかわいい =D

    How was 日本語 chat club? Were there cookies? I had an interview and couldn't go > <

    じゃね <3

    ReplyDelete